That Awkward Moment When…
….. a ‘pro-black’, racist (white hating) black man says things like: “I don’t want my daughter to wear slave hair” ie natural hair
o_O um, confused much?
Daily Mail Labels Natural Hairstyles as Slave Inspired Hairstyles - Urgh!
Many people who hate Mondays now have another reason to hate Mondays, especially if they also love natural hair. This is all thanks to a recent article in the Daily Mail.
The article which should have been showcasing the skills and artistic talent displayed in the Afro-hairdressers’ competition in Cali, seemed to be highlighting the slave history of these peoples.
When random strangers ask to touch my natural hair
when someone from a well-know brand leads a hair workshop and announces that we do not have natural hair anyways because we all wash our hair with chemically treated water.
Why the Obesity Epidemic is Like Modern Art
- PETA: You’re fat because you eat meat. We can cure fat by making meat-eating illegal.
- ENVIRONMENTALISTS: You’re fat because you drive everywhere instead of bike. We can cure fat with higher gas prices.
- LOCALVORES: You’re fat because you eat fast food and over-processed junk instead of cook with local ingredients. We can cure fat by taxing fast food and processed food, and by subsidizing local farms.
- ACADEMICS: You’re fat because you’re not educated enough. We can cure fat with widespread campaigns teaching people what to eat and how much to exercise.
- INTERVENTIONISTS: You’re fat because bad food and gas is too cheap and poor neighborhoods are too unregulated. We can cure fat with tougher zoning laws and price regulation.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT FANS: You’re fat because you drive everywhere. If you used public transport you’d burn those extra calories taking stairs from train levels and walking to your train/bus stop. We can cure fat by expanding public transportation options.
- WALKING/BIKING/RUNNING FANS: You’re fat because you sit on a bus, then sit at a desk, then sit at home. We can cure fat by building more bike lanes, walking trails, and parks.
- LIBERTARIANS: You’re fat because you lack personal responsibility. We can cure fat by engendering a sense of individual pride in people.
- RELIGIOUS FOLKS: You’re fat because you display the sin of greed. We can cure fat by teaching our children the correct values.
- POLITICIANS: You’re fat because the previous administration didn’t care about the health of the nation and the costs of healthcare. You can cure fat (and save the economy!) by voting for me.
- EMPLOYERS: You’re fat because you have a poor work ethic. We can cure fat by refusing to hire fat people, thus forcing them to lose weight in order to get a job.
From my Instagram - Follow me <3 <3
Doing the Care 4 Curls Protect Ya Ends hair challenge